M’s jumpsuit

Hello,

Sewing for my daughters is getting rarer however, this project was much loved by M.

I made M a jumpsuit, using a beautiful Dashwood Studio Rayon Challis from Minerva and she absolutely loved it.

You can read all about it here.

The colours are beautiful and the drape lovely!

Hope you like it as much as we both do!

Happy sewing,

Maria x


A new Recital shirt in Liberty

Hello,

Here we are, already in December… what a year it has been!

Today I am sharing with you a new shirt made in beautiful Liberty, using the Recital shirt pattern. Perfect match in my opinion.

You can read all about it in here.

This one is definitely a favourite!

The ruffled neckline is such a lovely detail!

Happy sewing,

Maria x





Magnolia Maxi Dress

Hello,

As you might know, I am part of the Minerva Makers and it has been a pleasure to work with such a lovely team for the last couple of years.

Today, I would like to share with you their brand new website/shop that is so much more than a regular shop. It is a place to get inspired and meet new makers. Of course the pretty fabrics and craft supplies are there for you. So, do have a look!

You can find the link here 😊

Once you’re there, you might as well have a look at the beautiful dress I made (I am not going to be modest here) using an absolutely gorgeous Lady McElroy Linen Viscose.

See for yourself 😊

Hope you like it as much as I do.

Happy sewing,

Maria x


A New Summer Dress

Hello,

We are one week away from starting our School Summer Holidays and even if this year we are not going anywhere, sadly, it will be nice to put an end to this very unusual school year and get some rest. A few days of dolce far niente will certainly be very appreciated by the girls.

Even if at the moment I am writing this post, it is raining and a bit cold, I do hope we will get a few lovely and warm summer days. With that in mind, I made a dress that says Summer when you look at it.

_MG_1663_MG_1602

I had this idea in mind but not quite the exact pattern for it. Usually I am not very adventurous with changing patterns however, this was such an easy modification that even I could make it.

_MG_1598_MG_1647

A few months ago, I made a dress (I will share more about it another time) using a Butterick pattern, B4443, and I really liked the fit. Now, that pattern offers different bodice options and one of those options was (almost) what I had in mind.

_MG_1662

So, I started with the bodice and added shoulder straps. I really like how it looks without straps however, I also know I will feel a lot more comfortable with the straps and lately comfort is a priority. In fact, the straps ended up being one of my favourite things about this dress as I added broderie anglaise to them. Don’t those straps look adorable and summery?

_MG_1643_MG_1605-2

The instructions say to interface the bodice but, I decided not to do it. If I was to make it strapless, I would have to add some structure to it but, having straps to help support I thought the interfacing would be pointless. I do not regret this decision. Also, the bodice is already lined.

_MG_1607

When I started making the dress, I was not sure about the skirt. So, I made the bodice first to see how it would look before deciding. An A-line skirt did not seem quite right, a circle skirt might have worked out well but, I believe the gathered skirt fitted better this style and that is what I choose in the end. I like it!

_MG_1615_MG_1664

The fabric is a poplin that I bought a couple of years ago, at Minerva, with another project in mind… Well, you all know how the story goes. I am glad I finally put this fabric to a good use.

_MG_1681

I am really happy with how this dress turned out and I can picture myself in a picnic, in the fields, wearing it.

 

Have a lovely weekend.

 

Maria x