My first make with a Burda Pattern :-)

Some time ago Rita kindly sent me the Burda Kids Magazine from Spain (Thank you so much 🙂 ) and when I started to go through the pages I liked so many patterns that I wanted to make quite a few, however in the end I only managed to make one dress before leaving for holidays!! Very predictable, I know!!

The dress is the 608 from the Burda Kids Spring/Summer 3/2015 and I liked it exactly how it was in the magazine, with those fabrics and colour. The only change I made was omitting the pompom trim, using instead the embroidered fabric for the ruffles as well.


I made the smallest size, 110 cm and although F is a little higher I liked the fit. The main fabric is a pima cotton lawn already used before and cotton “broderie anglaise” also used in a top for myself.


This was the first time I used a Burda pattern and I must say that, for the first time since I started sewing, I completely ignored the instructions! I am, usually, the kind of person that, at least when doing something for the first time, likes to follow the instructions. Other than that, I really like the pattern and it was totally worth it to have the work adding the seam allowances 🙂



It feels a bit weird to be writing about this really summer-y dress when school already started and I am wearing boots again! I must start to make clothes for autumn and winter now 😉


Wish you a lovely week 🙂