Hope you are all well and had a good start of the week.
As you might remember from my last post, I had a new blouse nearly finished and, taking advantage of today’s bank holiday, I finished it and photographed. Just in time for the warmer weather! Although I suspect I might still need a cardigan…
This time, I also used a pattern I have used before to make a different version and, just as my previous make, I used a fabric that have been in my stash for too long.
So, starting with the pattern. I used the Top Kim by Ose Patterns. As I mentioned, I made this pattern previously and there is a post about it at Minerva. This time however, I made version A, short sleeve. The fit was good in my first version so, I did not make any changes. Again, I made a straight size 34 based on my bust measurements.
As usual with Ose patterns, the instructions are quite good and detailed and the fit works really well for me without having to make changes however, if that was the case, the pattern also includes instructions for some adjustments.
Almost forgot to mention, despite the pattern designer being French, the instructions are also available in English.
I made a small change to the original pattern however. After seeing a ready to wear blouse somewhere with a sleeve I quite liked, I decide to recreate it. The change was pretty simple to achieve. I just added a small ruffle to the bottom of the sleeve cuff.
Instead of cutting only one piece of fabric for the cuff and fold in half, I cut it into two pieces adding the seam allowance. For the ruffle I cut a piece of fabric with double the hight I wanted (plus seam allowance, of course) and fold it in half. The length was one and a half times the length of the cuff. Could not be any simpler!
I am so very pleased with how this sleeve turned out! It was but a simple addition nonetheless, it does make a difference and I quite like it. 😊
Now, regarding the fabric. I used a Liberty Tana Lawn Cotton, in the print D’Anjo that I bought eight years ago (!!) in Portugal, in a lovely shop, The Craft Company in Cascais. I am not even sure if they still have Liberty fabric there but even so, I do recommend a visit if you ever happen to go that way.
This really is a quick and easy make. The fit is relaxed as there are no darts and the there is a back yoke that can be used to play around with the fabric placement, as I did with my previous version, or even use different prints! I really like this pattern and see myself making more versions in the future, both with long and short sleeves.
Hope you all have a great week!