Hope you are all well.
Spring seems to be here, finally, although still a bit shy. I have so many sewing plans for this Spring /Summer but, as usual, I am finding it difficult to bring them to life…
It has been in fact a few weeks since I last was able to sew something but, I have a sweater I made for the girls, that I would like to share.
I am not a subscriber of the Fibre Mood magazine and in fact this was the first time I bought one. I have made, last year, a Norma Blouse but got the individual pattern. Nonetheless, issue number 13 had quite a few patterns that I really enjoyed and, for that reason, I bought it. I believe it was good value for money.
The first thing I made was the Minnie Sweater and opposed to the PDF pattern, the magazine ones need seam allowances added. Not really an issue for me, just need to have that in mind when tracing. In the pattern instructions it mentions where the seam allowances need to be added.
According to the size chart, I made a size 12 for both girls, based on their chest measurements. Fit wise, it turned out well and I made no changes.
The instructions are clear but are only images, no text. To be honest, it really is not needed as the images are quite clear and it is a simple make. It has been quite a while since I last made something in knit and I almost forgot how such a quick make it is.
I did not make changes to the size but I did a very small change (despite different) to both sweaters. For M (not shown in the photos), as per her request, I just omitted the waistband. She likes to wear paper bag trousers and it just works better this way.
For F, as per her request, I kept the waistband but not the original one. The pattern one seems to be a bit too narrow in width and F doesn’t like tight clothes. For that reason, I made a new one and just took a couple of centimetres to the bodice width. We both like how it looks and most of all, it is comfortable.
Regarding the fabric, I used a gorgeous and soft French Terry from See You at Six Fabrics that I won in a giveaway last summer. Lucky me, I know! In fact, lucky them as they are the ones wearing it. 😊 The fabric worked really well for this project, even with the gathering required for the sleeves.
For the cuffs, neckline and waistband, I used matching ribbing, also from See You at Six Fabrics. It really adds a lovely detail.
No need to tell you that our favourite part of this sweater are the sleeves! In fact, there is a very similar pattern for grownups in this same issue…
Overall, we are happy with this pattern and how it turned out with this fabric.
At the moment, I just started making another pattern from this issue so do expect to see more from it in here.
Have a lovely week and thank you for reading!